With our research, we pursue the following objectives
- gain a mechanistic understanding of the damage initiation and growth, stress-assisted ionic transport, and stress-modulated surface reactions,
- predict the behavior of the storage material's behavior and of battery cells under cyclic operation and thus their performance and life span, and
- develop strategies for the optimization of electrode/electrolyte materials and of cell designs.
- Finite Elements (isoparametric, isogeometric, finite cell)
- Electrochemical modeling, phase-field methods
- Multiscale modeling