- Prof. Dr. W. Elsaesser, Center of Smart Interfaces and Department of Physics, TU Darmstadt: GaAs quantum-dots as infrared absorbers for photoelectrochemical water splitting
- Dipl.-Ing. M. Mann, AG Prof. Dr. A. Dreizler, Center of Smart Interfaces, AG Reactive Flows, TU Darmstadt: The combustion process in automobile engines doesn’t burn the entire amount of fuel, which has been injected into the engine’s chambers. This leads to an overall lower efficiency and to unwanted emissions. Residues are especially found near the walls of the cylinder and the piston. Catalyst material in form of nanoparticles is deposited in small amounts on those interfaces leading to a nearly complete combustion of the employed fuel.
- Prof. Dr. S. Fiechter, Prof. Dr. H.-J. Lewerenz, Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Energie und Neue Materialien: BMBF-Projekt H2-Nanosolar 09/2009 – 08/2012
- Evonik-Degussa AG: NRW/EU funded project H2ECO2 11/2009 – 10/2012
- Prof. Dr. D. Meissner, TU Tallinn, Estonia
- Dr. M. Lebedev, Ioffe Institute, St. Petersburg, Russia