Dr. Semih Ener
work +49 6151 16-22149
fax +49 6151 16-22145
Office: L2|07 107
Dr. rer. nat. Semih Ener is an experienced postdoctoral researcher in the Functional Materials group of Prof. Gutfleisch since 2013. Before joining to Functional Materials group he completed his doctoral study at the Physics Department of Technische Universität München on the topic of lattice dynamics in ferromagnetic shape memory alloy system Ni-Mn-Ga. He is an expert in sample preparation (single- and poly-crystalline), structural (neutron and x-ray diffraction), microstructural (scanning electron microscopy) and magnetic characterization (PPMS, VSM, Kerr microscopy) and has a great experience in elastic/inelastic neutron scattering. Before coming to Germany, he finished his M.Sc. and B.Sc. studies in Physics Department of Ankara University, Turkey which gave him the expertise on solid state physics and magnetism. Currently, he is working on the topics of rare-earth free and rare earth lean permanent magnet materials and magnetocaloric materials.
• Magnetic and magnetocaloric properties of the Co2−xMnxB system by experiment and density functional theory, S. Ener, M. Fries, F. Hammerath, I.Opahle, E.Simon, P. Fritsch, S. Wurmehl, H. Zhang, and O. Gutfleisch, Acta Materialia 165 (2019) 270–277.
• Anisotropic local hardening in hot-deformed Nd-Fe-B permanent magnets, S. Sawatzki, T. Schneider, M. Yi, E. Bruder, S. Ener, M. Schönfeldt, K. Güth, B.-X. Xu, and O. Gutfleisch, Acta Materialia 147 (2018) 176–183.
• Consolidation of cobalt nanorods: a new route for rare-earth free nanostructured permanent magnets, S. Ener, E. Anagnostopoulou, I. Dirba, L.-M. Lacroix, F. Ott, T. Blon, J.-Y. Piquemal, K.P. Skokov, O. Gutfleisch and G. Viau Acta Materialia 145 (2018) 290–297.
• Microstructural and magnetic properties of Mn-Fe-P-Si (Fe2P-type) magnetocaloric compounds, M. Fries, L. Pfeuffer, E. Bruder, T. Gottschall, S. Ener, L.V.B. Diop, T. Gröb, K.P. Skokov and O. Gutfleisch, Acta Materialia 132 (2017) 222–229.
• Temperature-dependent first-order reversal curve measurements on unusually hard magnetic low-temperature phase of MnBi, S. Muralidhar, J. Gräfe, Y.-C. Chen, M. Etter, G. Gregori, S. Ener, S. Sawatzki, K. Hono, O. Gutfleisch, H. Kronmüller, G. Schütz, and E. J. Goering, Physical Review B 95 (2017) 024413.
• Magnetic, magnetocaloric and structural properties of manganese based monoborides doped with iron and cobalt – a candidate for thermomagnetic generators, M. Fries, Z. Gercsi, S. Ener, K. P. Skokov and O. Gutfleisch Acta Materialia 113 (2016) 213–220.
• The search for room temperature tetragonal phases of Fe-Mn-Ga: A reactive crucible melting approach, S. Ener, J. Kroder, K. P. Skokov and O. Gutfleisch, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 683 (2016) 198–204.
• Co@CoSb core-shell nanorods: from chemical coating at nanoscale to macroscopic consolidation, U. Sanyal, S. Ener, E. Anagnostopoulou, M. Pousthomis, P.-F. Fazzini, L.-M. Lacroix, K. P. Skokov, O. Gutfleisch and G. Viau, Chemistry of Materials 28 (2016) 4982–4990.
• Magnetic properties of (Fe1−xCox)2B alloys and the effect of doping by 5d elements, Edström, M. Werwinski, J. Rusz O. Eriksson, K.P. Skokov, I.A. Radulov, S. Ener, M.D. Kuz’min, J. Hong, M. Fries, D.Yu. Karpenkov, O. Gutfleisch, P. Toson and J. Fidler, Physical Review B 92 (2015) 174413.
• Magnet properties of Mn70Ga30 prepared by cold rolling and magnetic field annealing, S. Ener, K. P. Skokov, D. Yu. Karpenkov, M. D. Kuz’min and O. Gutfleisch, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 382 (2015) 265–270.
• Vibrational properties of Ni-Mn-Ga shape memory alloys in the martensite phases, S. Ener, T. Mehaddene, B. Pedersen, M. Leitner, J. Neuhaus and W. Petry, New Journal of Physics 15 (2013) 123016.
• Effect of temperature and compositional changes on the phonon properties of Ni-Mn-Ga shape memory alloys, S. Ener, J. Neuhaus, W. Petry, R. Mole, K. Hradil, M. Siewert, M. E. Gruner, P. Entel, I. Titov and M. Acet, Physical Review B, 86 (2012), 144305.
• Heusler Compounds and Magnetic Applications – 24th Solid State Physics Ankara Meeting – Bilkent University, Ankara/Turkey (2018)
• Heusler Compounds and Their Applications – Leibniz Institute for Solid State and Materials Research – IFW Dresden, Dresden/Germany (2017)
• Resource efficient novel magnet materials for energy technologies – EMN Spain Meeting Energy Materials Nanotechnology, San Sebastian/Spain (2015)
• Towards high-performance permanent magnets without rare earths – ESICMM-G8 Symposium on Next Generation Permanent Magnets, Tsukuba/Japan (2015)
• Ni-Mn-Ga Shape Memory Alloys: Phonon Properties – Chemnitz University of Technology, Institute of Physics, Chemnitz/Germany (2011)
International/National Conference Presentations:
11 Oral, 25 Poster