Scientific Research Topics
The following research topics will be considered within the JIRL
- Fundamental aspects of the preparation of UHT-CMCs by PDC
- including design methods of polymer structure, synthesis and modification of polymer, composition of powder, optimization of preparation processing and parameter, and instinctive properties testing.
- Fundamental aspects of the preparation of UHT-CMCs by CVI
- includeing control method of fluid field and material microstructure, optimization of preparation processing and parameter, and instinctive properties testing.
- Assessment of the performance of UHT-CMCs
- including environmental properties tested in simulated application environments.
Organization and Administration of the JIRL
The JIRL is organized and administered by Prof. Dr. Riedel on TU Darmstadt´s side and by Asso. Prof. Dr. Xingang Luan on NPU´s side.
From 1st of July 2017 until 31st of March 2022.
Overall Objective and Construction Target of the JIRL
The overall objective of the JIRL cooperation is to serve as (i) a high level academic center for international science and technology cooperation and exchange, (ii) an important platform for first-class scholars and training of outstanding innovation talents. The main goals for the construction of the JIRL can be described in its five aspects:
- Support and construct world-class R&D on ultrahigh ceramic matrix composites.
- Undertake research projects with significant demand, and continuously output original innovation achievements that are universally recognized by the international academic community as having significant scientific value.
- Attract world-class innovation talents, train scientists in a multicultural setting, with outstanding innovation ability.
- General intention to recruit PhD students.
- Intention to boost the valorization and industrialization of the research outcomes.