Dr. Semih Ener
work +49 6151 16-22149
fax +49 6151 16-22145
Raum: L2|07 107
Dr. rer. nat. Semih Ener is an experienced postdoctoral researcher in the Functional Materials group of Prof. Gutfleisch since 2013. Before joining to Functional Materials group he completed his doctoral study at the Physics Department of Technische Universität München on the topic of lattice dynamics in ferromagnetic shape memory alloy system Ni-Mn-Ga. He is an expert in sample preparation (single- and poly-crystalline), structural (neutron and x-ray diffraction), microstructural (scanning electron microscopy) and magnetic characterization (PPMS, VSM, Kerr microscopy) and has a great experience in elastic/inelastic neutron scattering. Before coming to Germany, he finished his M.Sc. and B.Sc. studies in Physics Department of Ankara University, Turkey which gave him the expertise on solid state physics and magnetism. Currently, he is working on the topics of rare-earth free and rare earth lean permanent magnet materials and magnetocaloric materials.
• Effect of temperature and compositional changes on the phonon properties of Ni- Mn-Ga shape memory alloys.
S. Ener, J. Neuhaus, W. Petry, R. Mole, K. Hradil, M. Siewert, M. E. Gruner, P. Entel, I. Titov and M. Acet
Physical Review B, 86 (2012), 144305.
• Vibrational properties of Ni-Mn-Ga shape memory alloys in the martensite phases.
S. Ener, T. Mehaddene, B. Pedersen, M. Leitner, J. Neuhaus and W. Petry
New Journal of Physics 15 (2013) 123016.
• Magnet properties of Mn70Ga30 prepared by cold rolling and magnetic field annealing.
S. Ener, K. P. Skokov, D. Yu. Karpenkov, M. D. Kuz’min and O. Gutfleisch
Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 382 (2015) 265–270.
• Magnetic properties of (Fe1−xCox)2B alloys and the effect of doping by 5d elements.
Edström, M. Werwinski, J. Rusz O. Eriksson, K.P. Skokov, I.A. Radulov, S. Ener, M.D. Kuz’min, J. Hong, M. Fries, D.Yu. Karpenkov, O. Gutfleisch, P. Toson and J. Fidler
Physical Review B 92 (2015) 174413.
• Co@CoSb core-shell nanorods: from chemical coating at nanoscale to macroscopic consolidation.
U. Sanyal, S. Ener, E. Anagnostopoulou, M. Pousthomis, P.-F. Fazzini, L.-M. Lacroix, K. P. Skokov, O. Gutfleisch and G. Viau
Chemistry of Materials 28 (2016) 4982–4990.
• Grain boundary diffusion in nanocrystalline Nd-Fe-B permanent magnets with low-melting eutectics.
S. Sawatzki, C. Kübel, S. Ener and O. Gutfleisch
Acta Materialia 115 (2016) 354–363.
• The search for room temperature tetragonal phases of Fe-Mn-Ga: A reactive crucible melting approach.
S. Ener, J. Kroder, K. P. Skokov and O. Gutfleisch
Journal of Alloys and Compounds 683 (2016) 198–204.
• Magnetic, magnetocaloric and structural properties of manganese based monoborides doped with iron and cobalt – a candidate for thermomagnetic generators.
M. Fries, Z. Gercsi, S. Ener, K. P. Skokov and O. Gutfleisch
Acta Materialia 113 (2016) 213–220.
• Resource efficient novel magnet materials for energy technologies – EMN Spain Meeting Energy Materials Nanotechnology, San Sebastian/Spain (2015)
• Towards high-performance permanent magnets without rare earths – ESICMM-G8 Symposium
on Next Generation Permanent Magnets, Tsukuba/Japan (2015)
• Ni-Mn-Ga Shape Memory Alloys: Phonon Properties – Chemnitz University of Technology,
Institute of Physics, Chemnitz/Germany (2011)
International/National Conference Presentations:
14 Oral, 6 Poster